Sunday, August 22, 2010

Little Boy

So a few weeks ago I got up in the middle of the night with some melody & lyric ideas. I used to never do that, and lost a lot of inspired moments because of it. But recently I've been messing with Garage Band & my Apogee ONE interface. Having it has allowed me to quickly lay down ideas in a matter of minutes. Since getting up in the middle of the night, getting dressed and driving 20 minutes to the studio to lay down an idea wasn't practical, I'm thrilled with my quick Macbook setup. Anyways, in a matter of minutes I had a basic idea of the guitar part recorded and the vocal melody plucked out also on guitar. The lyrics came instantly, I didn't have to look far for inspiration as any songwriters with kids would know. I took this idea to my good friend and local guitarist/producer/songwriter Dave from local band Conshafter. Knowing Dave's experience with using Reason, I knew he had the sounds I was looking for. So we recorded the guitars, programmed everything else and then I recorded my vocals on my own. Some of the singing and guitar plucking aren't perfect, but I kinda liked the personal feel of it. The idea is that I'm singing this to my boy, so having it over-polished just wouldn't have been appropriate. Enjoy!

Little Boy by PedroAida

1 comment: